Friday, March 20, 2009

Dig This!

So it's Friday and I'm going to take the easy way out by posting something of mine that had previously this year appeared in the Progressive Populist. 

One of the most emailed articles from The New York Times' web site this week is the one about the vegetable garden that the Obamas are going to plant on the White House lawn, so it seemed like a perfect time to reprint my op-ed piece from the Prog Pop.

Also, I'm going to spend part of today and tomorrow at the school in my neighborhood where I'm a volunteer on the Greening Committee. We're trying to establish a garden that will help teach the kids about healthier eating habits. It's going to take some time, but we're off to a great start. I will try to post pictures in the future of our progress. 

In the meantime, here's my article from earlier this year. 

No comments: